Xiaomi has finally launched the Redmi Note 5 and the Redmi Note 5 Pro at an event in India. The Redmi Note 5 is priced at Rs Rs 9,999 for the 3GB/32GB variant while the 4GB/64GB variant is priced at Rs 11,999. Thanks to the previous leaks most of us had an early glimpse at the specifications.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
The Redmi Note 5 comes equipped with a 5.99-inch FHD display that offers a pixel density of 403ppi. Xiaomi has retained the onscreen buttons and the display offers a maximum brightness of 450-nit. The company claims to have achieved a 12.5% more display area by using a rounded display that matches the corners of the device. The Redmi Note 5 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 and is paired with a 3GB/4GB RAM. Buyers can choose between 32GB and 64GB memory variant.
Camera options on the Redmi Note 5 include a 12-Megapixel primary camera with f/2.2 and a 5-Megapixel front facing/selfie camera with LED flash, Beautify 3.0 and FHD video recording at 30fps. The fingerprint sensor is placed at the back and design-wise the Note 5 ends up borrowing heavily from its predecessor. The device runs on MIUI 9 based on Android N and is backed by a 4,000mAh battery that can be charged via micro USB. The Redmi Note 5 will be available in Black, Gold, Rose Gold and Blue color options.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Features and Specifications
- 5.99-inch FHD Display with 2.5D glass, Color contrast ratio of 1000:1, 403ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 at 2GHz, 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB of internal storage, expandable via hybrid SIM slot
- 12-Megapixel primary camera with f/2.2
- 5-Megapixel Secondary camera with LED flash and Beautify 3.0
- MIUI9 based on Android Nougat
- 4000mAh Battery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
The Pro variant offers premium features like a dual rear camera unit and a better selfie camera as well.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro offers a 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 display set at a resolution of 2160 x 1080p. The Redmi Note 5 comes powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 alongside Adreno 509 GPU. Imaging options of the Redmi Note 5 Pro include a dual rear camera setup consisting of a 12MP+5MP combo. Features offered by the camera app include a portrait mode
Xiaomi has chosen a 20-Megapixel Sony IMX376 sensor for the front camera and has also baked in a front-facing LED flash. Once again the Fingerprint sensor is placed on the back. The Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro is backed by a 4000mAh battery and runs on MIUI 9 which is based on Android N.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Features and Specifications
- 5.99-inch FHD+ Display with aspect ratio of 18:9, 2.5D rounded glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 with Adreno 509 GPU, 4GB/6GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage expandable via the hybrid SIM slot
- 12MP+5MP dual rear camera with Portrait mode
- 20-Megapixel Secondary/Selfie camera with Sony IMX376 sensor and LED flash
- 4000mAh battery
- MIUI 9 based on Android Nougat
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi, Hybrid SIM slot and micro USB